- Arsenal reached the last 16 of the Champions League after a dramatic 3-2 away win over Ludogorets
- Mesut Ozil scored his team's second-half winner, producing an ice-cool finish with minutes to go
- Arsenal had a real shock early on as Jonathan Cafu and Claudiu Keseru put Ludogorets into a 2-0 lead
- The home side's advantage didn't last too long though as Granit Xhaka pulled one back for Arsenal
- Olivier Giroud completed an entertaining first half when he headed home from Aaron Ramsey's cross
- The second half was much tighter but Ozil showed his class to ensure Arsenal's qualification
- LUDOGORETS 2-3 ARSENAL LIVE: Relive the action from Bulgaria as it happened with
- Arsenal reached the last 16 of the Champions League as Mesut Ozil's brilliant late winner ensured his team avoided any embarrassment against Ludogorets.
Against a team they thrashed 6-0 at home, Arsene Wenger's men couldn't have had a worse start. Jonathan Cafu and Claudiu Keseru put the home side two up inside 15 minutes with the Bulgarians barely able to believe their luck. It didn't last long, though.
An entertaining first period saw Arsenal come back into it, Granit Xhaka narrowing the deficit before Olivier Giroud equalised, levelling the scores with a trademark header from an Aaron Ramsey cross. The second half was much tighter but with just minutes to go Ozil won it with an ice-cool finish.
More to follow...
Arsenal were shocked early on as Jonathan Cafu of Ludugorets opened the scoring for the home side in the 12th minute
Cafu celebrated wildly following his goal as Arsenal suffered the worst possible start at the Vasil Levski National Stadium
Ludogorets, remarkably, then made it 2-0 as Claudiu Keseru added a second to Cafu's shock opener
Keseru and Cafu (left) can't believe their luck after the Bulgarians extended their advantage against Arsene Wenger's team
Arsenal were soon on the comeback trail though as Granit Xhaka narrowed their deficit with a left-footed effort
Striker Olivier Giroud sent Arsenal into the break on a high as his goal pulled the away side back into the game at 2-2
A tight second half saw little between the sides but with just minutes to go, Mesut Ozil stepped up to win it with a cool finish
MATCH FACTS, CHAMPIONS LEAGUE TABLE, PLAYER RATINGS AND MATCH ZONE
Arsenal's players assemble for a team photo before kick-off with Ozil (right) not quite ready at the vital moment
Just 15 minutes had passed before Arsenal were 2-0 down. Giroud (centre) summed up their mood at that stage
Cafu converted early on and celebrated wildly after attacking midfielder Wanderson provided the assist for his goal
With his team 2-0 down, Arsenal boss Wenger and his assistant Steve Bould (head in hands) were worried figures
Arsenal's Francis Coquelin (centre) and Aaron Ramsey (left) celebrate with Xhaka after he scored their first goal
An entertaining first half ended with Giroud's headed goal making it 2-2, sending the visitors into the break level
Striker Giroud celebrates his trademark goal which came as he converted a cross from the returning midfielder Ramsey
Arsenal had been given a boost before kick-off with the news Wales man Ramsey was fit to start after recent injury
Alexis Sanchez of Arsenal feels the force of a challenge from Cosmin Moti of Ludugorets in the Champions League clash
After four goals in the first half, the second was more competitive. Here, Xhaka fights for the ball with Jose Luis Palomino
Wenger appeals for a decision in the second half as his Arsenal team struggled to dominate the team they beat 6-0 at home
Wenger watches on after half time, the Arsenal boss clearly feeling the cold as temperatures hovered around three degrees
Cafu was impressive throughout, here getting past Kieran Gibbs, and nearly made it 3-2 to Ludogorets after the hour mark
Ozil had a chance for Arsenal at the other end but was unable to convert past Ludogorets goalkeeper Milan Borjan